Web Test Automation Engineer
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Web Test Automation Engineer
Help shape the technical future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with top-notch technology in a company that promises a unique work environment and fantastic career perspectives. Enjoy the freedom to question the status quo, to broaden your horizon and to develop new things!
- You are responsible for designing, maintaining and improving our testing and continuous integration infrastructure.
- You develop and maintain advanced automation tools and frameworks to validate the functionality and quality of our web applications.
- You use the power of various test types e.g. end-to-end, acceptance, unit, integration and regression tests and create, execute and maintain automated suites for various system components and variants like A/B-testing, different browsers and mobile devices.
- You define test strategies and analyse results of executed tests.
- You push our software development cycles to the next level with your innovative solutions for quality assurance and automated testing.
- Working cross-functionally with teams across Product Development and Manual Testing, you analyse their needs and come up with new solutions to increase productivity.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has completed a comparable apprenticeship successfully.
- Is an expert in web related programming languages like PHP, Python, Java, Ruby.
- Is familiar with words like xUnit, Selenium and Cucumber / Behat.
- Has at least 2 years of work experience in programming and testing websites and web applications.
- Is experienced in software engineering, test methodologies and automation techniques.
- Knows how to deal with continuous integration and a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Is comfortable speaking our company language English. Basic understanding of German would be a plus.
- Loves technical challenges, is passionate about test automation and has a hunger to learn new things.
- Is a self-starter, who loves working independently and requires little direction.
Life at trivago:
trivago is an exciting hub of multi-cultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making by our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than how many hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide German for those wanting to practice or learn German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and brilliance is created.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.